Friday, September 2, 2011

Last Days of Summer; First Days of School!

Another summer comes to a close for the Lewis clan.  We spent our last day before school with Dad. (He was off of work.)  We drove up to Rockford, MI to visit a u-pick farm and purchase a 1/2 bushel of tomatoes for salsa making.  Besides fruit and veges the Post Farm also grows flowers.  They were so pretty, but swarming with bees so certain individuals- SEVEN- wouldn't go near them.  After our produce purchase we went and found a little ice cream shop and enjoyed the warmth of the day.










Alas, the next day brought the return of school.  I decided that starting on the 1st of September would be good and give us a short week to start with.  Kind of an ease into school.  I'm happy to report that it went really well-  no major melt downs from the ones that don't really appreciate the school process.
I'm hoping the rest of year is like this!


My highschooler... in her "black" phase.


My second grader


My eighth grader


My fifth grader with his new glasses. (First pair ever!)


My "play" schooler.  We aren't even to "pre" yet.

No comments: