Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Picking Peaches Was The Fun Part!

I love being out in the orchards picking fruit.  I just go wild.  Hence I picked over 80 lbs of peaches on Monday.  It didn't take long.  The trees were laden with fruit everywhere.  Big, ripe, juicy peaches!  Can I tell you how much I hate those 80lbs of peaches right now.  A few went towards peaches and cream for dessert but the rest are in the process of being canned.  I've canned 16 quarts and now at almost midnight I've still got 8 more quarts in a hot water bath. I canned peaches on Monday.  I've canned peaches today, Tuesday, and I will can more tomorrow.  Ohh... those evilly good peaches.  I am so thankful that God created such a wonderful fruit and I'll be so thankful for all this canned goodness this winter but right now...  I hate peaches!





No comments: