Wednesday, July 3, 2013

15 Years & A Movie In Production...

Yesterday was the birthday of my second eldest. Andi Rose Lewis has been blessed with 15 wonderful years of life and we have been blessed by her in return.



We spent the day celebrating as a family.  The other kids and I took care of her daily chores as well as our own and then, after lunch, she opened her gifts and then we partook in cake and ice cream. (Orange Soda Cake, Creamsicle Ice Cream, and Orange Soda). We then went to Barnes and Noble to pick her up two books that she wanted that were released on her birthday. We finished the day off by having her favorite dinner... Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and watermelon.  I am so thankful for this wonderful, Godly, young lady.


 
Also... I found out from reading The Deliberate Agrarian about a new Christian, Agrarian movie being made called Beyond Off Grid.  It looks really good and I am looking forward to it's release.  My husband and I have been working on self-sustainable living (though we have a long way to go.) and I hope this film will inspire us and educate us. I really hope the grid doesn't go down but it seems to me to be prudent and know how to live without it if needed.  Let's face it, we've only had around 125 years (ish) of electricity in history.  Seems foolish to forsake all the knowledge of those who came before us as primitive and not needed.  Our normal is actually not normal when viewed through the scope of history. 
 
The novel I am working on touches on these subjects too.  The Follower is set in post-peak oil and though electricity is still around society is very much changed and agrarianism is once again the main way of life for most of society.  Anyone want to donate the use of a weekend cabin and babysitting for me to write more?  Haha... just kidding... sort of.
 
Have a super Fourth of July! 
 

No comments: