Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Read and Write

High Protector of Books- King George!

Well, it's that time of the month again when our internet time is used up and I have to go to coffee or the library to access the internet.  Unfortunately for me my budget is tight and there is no coffee house $$.  This means the librarians get to see my shiny face almost daily!  It's a good thing that the library is only a  couple of miles away from home. None-the-less I have kids and homeschool and pets and chickens and farming and writing my own book etc., etc., etc. to keep me busy so running to the library to blog every day is a little difficult.   This is to warn you that I may only have a couple of posts until the 11th of June when I receive the next allotment of precious internet time.  But I'm not just being lazy.

While I'm not online I will be perusing: Wild Mind- Living the Writer's Life by Natalie Goldberg, Fresh From the Garden by Sarah Raven, and Stocking up III by Carol Hupping.  (Strawberry season is almost here and I can't wait to replenish my freezer with smoothie berries, make jam - I brought up the last jar from the larder a couple of days ago- and try some other preservation and regular recipes as well as strawberry shortcake galore!)

I'm slowly progressing in my current draft of my book- The Follower.  My girls like it so far.  I will probably put a little blurb of it up one of these days but I am only on first draft.  My problem with writing on my book is I need undisturbed time to get "in the zone" and as a mother of 5... yeah, doesn't happen often.  Even when blogging my mind is never quite all "here" as usually someone needs something or has something to share with me.  It is a blessing, yet a day to myself would be luxurious!

Okay, I've got to get home and contemplate dinner. Burgers and watermelon sound good! Fire up the grill!

No comments: