Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday's Read and Write on Saturday

Yesterday was a crazy day for me.  Not only did I have to take my son to guitar class and then grocery shop but yesterday was the day my bum knee decided to balloon up to softball size and ache.  So needless to say, I sat on my backside the rest of the day.  This post did not happen.  But here it is this morning.

 
Mostly magazines in this weeks material.  I found a bundle of Hobby Farm Home magazines (last year's copies) for sale for $1 at the library.  I snatched those puppies up and also checked out two issues of Mother Earth Living, one of Do It Yourself and the new issue of Hobby Farms.
 
While shopping at Costco on Friday I found they had a paperback version of a book I've been wanting to read: Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  I also snatched that little baby up.  It is a memoir of hiking the Pacific Crest Trail (California, Oregon, Washington) alone.  I grew up in the burbs of Seattle so I know the Cascade Mountains well and can't wait to read her account.  Also I must confess that the Trail she hiked comes into play in my YA book, The Follower so I must read for that as well.
 
Also out this week is a new book by Martha Stewart: Living The Good Long Life!  I love Martha.  I have for years.  This new book aims for the 40+ crowd and focuses on wellness issues.  It has gone on my list of books to purchase.  Hmmm... Mother's Day is coming up.  I think I will ask for that.
 
Soon to be out and another book to put on my list is Growing Up Duggar by the four eldest Duggar girls; Jana, Jill, Jessa and Jinger.  I love this family and can't wait to read the girl's thoughts on their famous family.
 
Okay, I'm off to read, write, study, clean and plant... everything I should have done yesterday!  Enjoy your Saturday.

No comments: