Thursday, August 1, 2013

Does This Qualify As "Red Neck"?


You see this bucket sitting neatly under the tree?

Yeah... this one...

My husband saw road kill on the side of the road last night on his way home from work...

yep...

He stopped and scooped it up and brought it home.  At least he had the decency to inform me before I wondered why a bucket was sitting under the tree and opened it!

Actually, Farmer John has a good reason for bringing road kill home as disgusting as it sounds.  He will put it in our "protein out of thin air" chicken feeding program.  NO... the chickens don't eat the road kill.  You can read about the process here.

I recently read a book by the CEO of Duck Commander, Willie Robertson.  He said when he was little and his dad ran a crawfish fishing biz that they would always scoop up road kill to use as bait.  They had an entire freezer full of it.  Ewwwww!!!!!! I'm gonna have to put my foot down if Farmer John wants to do that. I think one bucket is my limit. But I guess we are in good company  Maybe we should start a biz called Chicken Commander and we could have a reality tv show called Chicken Dynasty? Whadda ya'll think? Red neck enough for you?

No comments: