Saturday, August 3, 2013

It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time...

Then

When we planted our tomatoes this spring we put them fairly close together.  My thought process was that this might crowd out the weeds and we'd have less weeding.  Well, we certainly don't have a lot of weeds in the tomato patch  and we have tons of tomatoes on the vine waiting to get ripe.  The problem?  They've grown into an impassable tomato forest.  Short of sending in the four year-old with one of those little flags you put on the back of bikes, I don't know how we are going to harvest our crop.  We can't get to it. I'm also paranoid of tomato horn worms which could travel (actually slink) from plant to plant very easily in our vege jungle. Next year I guess I will fight weeds and space out my plants properly.  Sigh. I hate weeds.

Now

No comments: