Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmastime rejuvenation/ gift ideas


Meredith, over at http://likemerchantships.blogspot.com/ whipped up a homemade sugar scrub. I thought I would throw out a couple of other "spa" treatment recipes for yourself or for a gift. These are "fresh" products that require quick use and refridgeration when not being used so they are not meant to be mailed or stuck under the Christmas tree. (There are no preservatives in them.) My husband and I ran a body care business (Bamboo Falls Body Company) for seven/eight years. The recipes are from that. Feel free to use the recipes for self or gifts but if you are going to make them commercially we ask that you change them up a bit. Meredith will have no trouble with that as I know she will be seeking more frugal choices for some of the ingredients.

Winter Foot Rescue:
4 tblsp. used coffee grounds
1 1/2 tsp. cornmeal
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tblsp. heavy whipping cream
1 tblsp. flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

mix, scrub and rinse

Sweet Body Butter: (For all body parts)
1 over ripe banana
1 over ripe avocado
1 stick of butter
a few tblsp. of whipping cream

mix in a blender or food processor, apply in bath tub/shower, wait a few minutes and rinse off.

2 comments:

Dar said...

Good Morning! I found you through Meredith's site. I love your recipes, but I do have a question. Are these designed to use immediately? The cream and butter threw me for a loop.

Thanks.
Darlene
www.homeschoolblogger.com/keldaris

Cyndi Lewis said...

Dar,
Yes, these need to be used the day they are made and kept in the refridgerator when not in use. They can be left out for an hour or two but they have no preservatives in them and will go bad if not refridgerated. They should keep two to three days after being made if kept cool.