Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday- Green Bananas


For some reason my local Costco sells bananas that are greener than a leprechaun on St. Patty's Day. My simple solution: put them in a plastic bag with an apple. It makes a great homeschool science experiment too. The gases given off the ripe apple cause the bananas to ripen. Go figure! Works for me! Tip: Don't store ripe bananas near apples or you'll be making banana bread pretty darn quick!
Works For Me Wednesday is sponsered by www.rocksinmydryer.net

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tip. An apple in the bag stops potatoes from rooting as well.

The Pennington Point said...

This is a totally cool piece of information! Now I know why my bananas go bad so fast. I am going right now to get them away from those apples! Thanks. Lisa~