Friday, September 7, 2007

Book Review! A must read!!!!


When I was at the library the other day I found this book. HEIRLOOMS FROM LOVING HANDS- MAKING MEMORIES TO CHERISH FOREVER by Sandy Lynam Clough. I almost didn't check it out but I am so glad I did. It is a light, refreshing read that speaks to any woman with a heart for home. The author is full of simple wisdom regarding family traditions, heirlooms and the joy of making things with your hands. She shares wonderful memories of her past to inspire the reader's future. She lends simple suggestions for things that can be implemented by the reader in their own home. The book is full of beautiful illustrations drawn by the author. Women with only moments to spare in their day can pick up this book, read a page and come away inspired and refreshed. Here is an excerpt: Children ask their mothers to make many different things for them... paper crown or angel wings. Although few of these survive childhood and achieve heirloom status, a mother who takes time to make anything for her child creates for him a lasting memory of her loving hand and attentive heart.


This book is a joy that I highly recommend.


No comments: