Saturday, September 8, 2007

New breakfast favorite




My kids have a new favorite breakfast that is quick and easy to make: Cinnamon Toast! Toast your bread and add butter, sugar and cinnamon. For seven pieces of toast I melt 1/2 stick of butter (1/4 cup) in the microwave for 30 seconds and add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a couple of healthy dashes of cinnamon. I stir it together and then apply to the toast using a pastry brush. I have a photo of the finished product but I'm having trouble transferring it from my camera to the computer so I need to wait until my techy husband comes home before I can post it.
Update: I forgot to have my husband look for the problem but I just decided to try it today and wouldn't you know it... works just fine. I transfered pics from my camera to the computer just fine. I really don't care for technology. It's fickle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love cinnamon toast here too! It's less messy than jelly for the baby. I just keep an old salt shaker or old spice jar handy with a dry cinnamon and sugar mix in it. Then I sprinkle it on the toast right after I butter it.

Dana said...

My girls love cinnamon toast too! Like Jendi said, we butter the toast then sprinkle a cinnamon/sugar mixture that I keep in an old spice jar. They'll eat it until I make them stop!

Dana