Thursday, September 6, 2007

Last Beach Day


This week has flown by and I've hadn't had time to post much as we packed in a lot. Tuesday the public school kids went back to classes. My kids sometimes fall into the trap of thinking they are missing out because they don't get to climb on the bus with all their neighborhood friends. But I surprised them. I told them that if they got their school work done correctly and quickly that we could go to the beach, something no one else who "goes" to school could do. The kids lit into their work and were done in record time. They had a blast at the beach. (Living on Lake Michigan has perks.) Hardly any one was there and it was a scorcher of a day. We saw some school buses on the way home and not one word was uttered about wanting to "go" to school. The only downer was that it was probably the last beach day of the season as the weather will soon turn and we have other obligations and plans filling up the calander. (Oh and yes... I cheated with the picture. This is one from earlier in the August. I forgot to take the camera with me Tuesday.)

No comments: