Friday, February 1, 2008

Flu Update

The Lewis Family's health has been run through the shredder!


Well, whatever strain of flu or sickness this is, it is holding us in a vice-like grip. I have now been officially sick 7 days. Three of my kids have been sick 5 days. My oldest is coming down with it now. It took 4 days for my fever to break but I, even now, still feel somewhat sick in the morning and really sick in the evening. I've been doing okay in the day time. I feel that is God blessing me so that I can take care of my children and take care of meals and dishes- I've also been able to do one load of laundry a day. (The DH has had to forage for himself. He is not sick- got a flu shot.)

No sweeping or vacumming has been done but I've been able to keep the upstairs fairly picked up. The downstairs playroom and kid's rooms can wait.


I did have a root canal done at the dentist on Wednesday and have to take antibiotics just to be safe. I am hoping that perhaps the antibiotics might kick the remainder of what ever I have out. It started with a bad cough, progressed to fever/chills and cough along with the I've been hit by a truck feeling and then progressed to small cough with low fever and truck splat feeling.


Now I have no fever, a little cough, runny/stuffy nose, headache, loss of appetite and in the evening queasy stomach. It seems to have morphed from one thing to a complete other thing. Most of my day is spent resting. Being healthy seems like a far away dream.


On the bright side... it's snowing! Thanks for listening to a sicky! Oh... another praise... we've been throw up free thus far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last comment definitely deserves praise!
Hang in there. Praying for you as I type.