Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Return at last

Thought I'd post a scary picture of me for lack of anything else more appropriate for my ramblings today.


It's been a tough few weeks for the Lewis family. It was 1 1/2 weeks to 2 weeks of sickness by the time we all got through it and then last week was spent catching up on school, chores, laundry. Whew! I'm finally getting the last of the "sick" blankets washed, the house is finally clean again, school is back in and now I can get back to blogging.

I didn't think I had much to say but when I started writing it all down in a list I found I had way too much. I'll probably be doing a couple of posts a day to catch up.

First... I did take a look for sugar/creamers at Target and at the mall. I didn't find anything our style a Target. (They had japanese styles and soda fountain types.) I did find the perfect thing at Restoration Hardware. Unfortunately, the stacking glass container was priced at $69. Can you imagine the DH's face if I had made that purchase? I did not make this purchase. Who has that kind of money to spend on a clear, glass jar? I have clear glass jars at home that are much bigger and cost much less. (The DH said they'd be too heavy if I used them for cream and sugar.)

Pottery Barn had a few choices but I passed on those hoping to find something more creative. Though I must admit, the prices weren't too bad. They had a cute $5 one but I need two, one for sugar, one for creamer and they didn't come in two different colors to differentiate the sugar from creamer. I will look at the local grocery/everything store (Meijer) today when I'm doing my grocery shopping. I also need to take a look at thrift stores and antique stores but I haven't had time to squeeze those stops into my schedule.

I know there is something out there for not much $, I just have to locate it. I know that the proper items will "speak" to me if they are the ones. However, it is just a sugar and creamer dispenser so it isn't too high on the priority list.

Higher on the list is fixing the mail box. It has been slowly falling apart and two days ago the wind and snow storm that swept through finally got it. It is in two pieces... the post and the box. I did a quick fix today while digging a path for the mail truck. I piled snow up around it to keep it in place. LOL! Isn't that terrible. I hope my DH can get to it soon. Even though the snow is clear from it, I'm not sure how stable it is for delivery. Our deliverer is very picky... too much snow in front of the box and no delivery, the college kids next door park to close to it- no delivery... falling off the post- assumption of possible no delivery. We shall see.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I'm so glad all of you are feeling better!

Our town is so small that we have to go to the post office to get the mail. The car has to be dug out of the snow and we have to get out of the driveway to the street, and then to the post office. Sometimes we'll go days without getting the mail. Such is life.

Blessings--
Dana

Cyndi Lewis said...

Believe me, I was thinking driving to the Post Office for mail would be better than digging out the box every day. For some reason I'm strangly attatched to the mail. It's not like we get a lot of exciting stuff but getting the mail is always a highlight of my day. I get sad if we don't have any. Hmmmm... is that a commentary on my life?