Monday, February 25, 2008

Things you don't expect to hear...


The kids were all playing downstairs yesterday and I heard my three year old crying. I called her up to me and found out that she was having an arguement with her big brother over some blocks. (Red blocks to be exact.) Now, we have no shortage of blocks. It was simply a case of her wanting to play with what her brother had. I looked her in the eye and said, "Why don't you choose some other blocks to play with?" This question was met with a toss of the head, a jerk of the body and an upset scream. She then stomped into her room and flopped on her bed. The next thing I hear is "THAT'S SO NOT FAIR!"


The DH and I broke into immediate laughter. Yes, I know we should have been disciplining at that point but it just took us by surprise to have her say such a "tween" sentence. She isn't quite three and half and I still don't understand her speech 1/4 of the time but that sentence came out loud and clear. It was like she had aged 10 years in the space of seconds. Life with children is never dull.


P.S. Grandma Schuh- do you recognize the pajamas?

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

That's so funny. I tell you, sometimes one of the hardest things about being a parent is trying not to crack up when your kids say or do something mischievous!